[bookshare-discuss] Re: Ellipses and em-dashes

  • From: Guido Corona <guidoc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 07:48:40 -0500

You are correct.  Neither my way nor yours are necessarily the best ones.
On the other hand,  if you consider that we are creating documents for
paying customers,  we should strive to offer them the best possible
product,  which applies to the widest possible audience.
Whether you use Kurzweil, Openbook or Acme's OCR I do not really care.
What I care Is that the final product is of the highest possible quality
and is as close as possible to the body-text of the original.  That
includes maintaining such characters as long-dashes intact if at all
possible,  and font changes as well.

Guido
Guido D. Corona
IBM Accessibility Center,  Austin Tx.
IBM Research,
Phone:  (512) 838-9735
Email: guidoc@xxxxxxxxxxx

Visit my weekly Accessibility WebLog at:
http://www-3.ibm.com/able/weblog/corona_weblog.html

Dinky
Sent by:
09/30/2004 10:14 PM
Please respond to
bookshare-discuss

<bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[bookshare-discuss] Re: Ellipses and em-dashes

Did you know Guido your way is not always the best way and we don't even
have to take the highway if we do not use your way or K1K?  Hey. hey.
*smile* Did somebody make you God anyway?  Sorry  others listers and Dr.
Peter; sometimes my mouth  and  typing fingers are like a free bleeder.
Dinky