[bookshare-discuss] Re: Download list books

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 16:04:01 -0500

Mike,
I like your idea of having submission date be a criterion for the step one page
sort order. I imagine that the utility to convert kes and arc is a problem,
because those are proprietary formats of the respective companies.
So I imagine BookShre would have to pay something to have such a utility. MIght
be wrong, but it would seem to make sense.
Another thing I'd like to see on the step one page is the quality rating and
the synopsis, if any, just like you see when the book shows up in the
collection. I know that adding this info would make the page longer. But it
would offer more info up front. Potential validators wouldn't be clicking on
titles only to discover that they aren't interested in the book and/or the
rating is such that they don't feel they could take it on or whatever.
Mary