[bookshare-discuss] Re: Creating a "teaching Kit" about blindness

  • From: "Merrill Louise" <STARBASEWILDGOOSE@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 11:31:37 -0400

Is there a current book on Louis Braille?

I did a school presentation last spring and scrounged for things around the
house I could bring in. My stuff is old and not what the kids know--like a
set of dominos that link together. They didn't know what they were, but
could grasp the reason for linking the pieces together. I also had a plastic
card from my scrabble set that showed the braille alphabet. I had my talking
key chain and I grabbed a box of NLS tapes to show them how I could borrow
books from the library. I grabbed my kitchen timer, too, but this wouldn't
be something the library would keep in a bag! Mine was sticky from use!

Merrill Louise, Pastor
The Judson Fellowship
Jamestown, New York
cell/office 716.969.2840
"With all my heart   I praise the Lord, and I am glad because of God my
Savior. (Luke 1:46-47)