[bookshare-discuss] Re: Covers

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 04:06:13 -0700

This is exactly what I've been saying. Your summary of Bookshare's position does not say that the jacket can appear randomly two pages into the frontmatter. Either the beginning, end, or as it appears in the book is fine but not after the title page. Correct? I'm just asking that people put it at the beginning for easier validation. Thanks. I'm not saying that this is illegal and I don't have issues with anything. Really, I don't want to cause problems even though the general opinion seems to be otherwise. The reason why I thought this might not be legal is because it doesn't accurately represent the original layout of the printed book. I've read many times, including in the submitter and validation instructions that the original layout should be kept as close as possible.

At 01:35 PM 9/13/06 -0500, you wrote:

Hi Sarah,
Don't worry about this--Bookshare's position has always been that people
could choose to scan covers or not, and could put the book jacket info at
the beginning if desired, as well as putting the front and back flaps
together for the sake of coherence. If Tony has issues with this, he can
contact the Bookshare staff for clarification.
Hth,
Kellie