[bookshare-discuss] Re: Covers

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:36:14 -0700

No, I will not do that. It is not illegal. If it were, NLS wouldn't be legally able to do it. It is not an arbitrary position. And please tell me how confusing it would be to put half the dusd jacket information at the beginning of the book, and half at the end? Keep in mind that dust jacket information often breaks off in the middle of a sentence at the end of the inside front cover in order to continue it on the back cover. A sighted person can simply flip the book and resume reading with hardly a pause, while someone reading a computer file has to go to the end of the file, then search backwards to find where the back cover information begins - again, often in the middle of a sentence.

Forget it.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tony Baechler" <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>