[bookshare-discuss] Re: Cindy's posted lists

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 03:22:36 -0700

Hi. Yes, there is. See my previous post. I would give Cindy her own mailing list just for new boks postings. As far as automatically generating the listings, look at http://www.watchthatpage.com/ and similar sites which do just that. Also, my offer of free mailing lists applies to anyone here if they have a good reason for wanting a list. Just ask off list. This is not freelists.org, it is my own dedicated server with high quality, professional mailing list software. There is no advertising and ads of any sort are not allowed.

At 04:54 PM 7/9/06 -0700, you wrote:

Hello, I'd like to see the synopsis in the e-mails, because people may go
away on vacation, and when you can't keep checking a link for the latest
updates, there's no way to see what books have been added past the latest
one hundred additions. If I go away on a week vacation even, I might miss
additions. Perhaps there is some automated software which would help send
interested parties e-mails with the book info, and only those who wanted it
could recieve those e-mails, and it would be done automatically. I don't
know how this would get done, but I bet there is software to track content
updates like this.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew