[bookshare-discuss] Re: Books from India in Bookshare collection

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 06:15:04 -0700

Hi, Ann, I'm sorry, but I can't be specific. Some synopses I read didn't say
anything substantial about a book I was looking at. The wording sounded
scholarly, but with the language that rather obscured what the book was
about. For instance, I would see a book that might be a novel, but the
synopses would say this was written by a famous author involved in the
founding of a literary movement, let's say, but since my knowledge of Indian
literature is lacking, to say the least, there would be no hint about the
plot or theme or guiding idea of a book so I might decide to read it or
avoid it. I'm sure the writer wished to convey something but I wasn't quite
sure what that something was. Regret to say I can't be more specific.
Regards, Kim.