[bookshare-discuss] Re: Books For Christmas?

  • From: "Rick Roderick" <richard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 20:29:17 -0500

Hi Monica,

I have never submitted a book, though I plan to do that eventually.
However, I like to read something appropriate to the season.

I always think of Bookshare as the service that lets me celebrate Christmas
every day.

Yesterday, I was listening to a stream of a Chicago radio station that
broadcast Truman Capote reading A Christmas Memory.  We were about ready to
have dinner, so I didn't get to hear it.  I found it on Web-braille and
downloaded the story, along with a couple of other short stories and
Breakfast at Tiffany's.

As far as Bookshare is concerned, there was an interesting article on
Clement Moore of Night Before Christmas fame, in the New York Times book
section.  He could be quite combative and wrote a religious polemic against
'
Thomas Jefferson.  I always find history interesting that challenges our
assumptions.

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.