[bookshare-discuss] Book submitted:: Hurricans

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 13:47:17 -0400

On the heals of Hurricane Ivan and with Jean in the wings, awaiting her
chance at Florida, they have been hit so badly this year.  sigh.

Hurricanes (Dangerous Weather)
By Michael Allaby

From the book Jacket:
Hurricanes are the largest, fiercest storms our atmosphere is capable of
producing. Their destructive power can equal that of a one-megaton hydrogen
bomb. Today, meteorologists are able to determine where hurricanes begin;
predict their size, path, and force; and estimate the damage they will do.
Hurricanes explains the behavior, history, and scientific advances in our
understanding of these monster storms.

The Dangerous Weather series imparts fundamental weather science to readers
through author Michael Allaby's vivid descriptions of extreme weather
systems. The series focuses on the five most dangerous kinds of weather
activity; diagrams related meteorological, climatological, and environmental
basics in clear, compelling language; chronicles the history of each form of
dangerous weather; and offers safety precautions for extreme weather
conditions. Fully illustrated and indexed, the Dangerous Weather series is
an invaluable tool for student research. Other volumes include:

 tornadoes blizzards

 floods

 droughts

 A   chronology   of   weather

Michael Allaby  is the author of more than 40 books, mainly on science,
environmental topics. A few of his previous works include  Basics ofEnvironm
It Works: The Environment,  and  The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Ecology.
He I the New York Academy of Science, among other professional affiliations.

under the .rtf section on the validation page.  Should be a pinch validation
for someone.  For those down in the southern states, please be safe.  We are
getting rain from Ivan but that is it, up here In Pennsylvania.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com