[bookshare-discuss] Book submitted

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:37:56 -0400

Just submitted
America's Last Wild Horses
By Hope Ryden

Under the .txt section of the website, apparently I removed too many
"format" markers to make the book able to be translated into .rtf.  However,
I do have page breaks still in the file, for whoever tries to validate.
The text is excellent, all pages accounted for, might be a couple of
duplicates near the back wanted to finish reading and didn't remove them.
Cahpter numbers may need checked as I lost count, smile.  And most page
numbers are available some were a bit difficult to figure out JFJ doesn't
give you much to go on when your Scanner has decided that 1,2,7,9 or 3 could
be a J.

Besides these an easy validation for someone.  And a great read.

From the book Jacket:
                                        "A richly researched and  written
book with an unusual appeal." -Publishers Weekly

"This book is a treat for everyone who knows
or cares about horses."
-Cleveland Amory

No wild animal captures the spirit of North America quite so powerfully as
the wild horse-nor has any faced such diverse and potent enemies. In this
provocative account, Hope Ryden-who helped to ensure the passage of the Wild
and Free-Roaming Horse and Burro Act, which grants mustangs special
protection-combs the history of these proud and noble horses; Descended from
the Spanish horses ridden by the conquistadors, they evolved into the tough
and intelligent ponies that Indians-and later, explorers and cowboys-learned
to rely on. From the period when wholesale extermination of the buffalo was
underway until recent times, commercial and political interests have sought
to eliminate the wild horses as varmints.
In the latest update to this classic story Ryden tells of the successes: and
failures in the past ten years of regulation, and has added stunning new
color photographs. The subject of a front-page article in The New York
Times. when it was first published, america's last wild horses continues to
be a compelling testament to the life of a uniquely American symbol of grace
and wildness, and is a must read for horse lovers and Western history
enthusiast!, everywhere.

  HOPE RYDEN is the award-winning author of over twenty books on wild
animals, including God's Dog, Bobcat Year. Lily Pond, and Mid Horses Heaven
Known. She lives in Wolf Lake. New York.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com