[bookshare-discuss] Book Submitted The GRim Grotto

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:01:58 -0400

Submitted under the .txt section of the website:

The Grim Grotto
By Lemony Snicket
11 in the A Series of Unfortunate Events

From the Book jacket:
Dear Reader,

Unless you are a slug, a sea anemone, or mildew, you probably prefer not to
be damp. You might also prefer not to read this book, in which the
Baudelaire siblings encounter an unpleasant amount of dampness as they
descend into the depths of despair, underwater.
In fact, the horrors they encounter are too numerous to list, and you
wouldn't want me even to mention the worst of it, which includes mushrooms,
a desperate search for something lost, a mechanical monster, a distressing
message from a lost friend, and tap dancing.
As a dedicated author who has pledged to keep recording the depressing story
of the Baudelaires, I must continue to delve deep into the cavernous depths
of the orphans lives. You, on the other hand, may delve into some happier
book in order to keep your eyes and your spirits from being dampened.

With all due respect,

Lemony Snicket

Should be a simple validation, only the letter to the editor at the back of
the book refused to scan, I tried, smile, but it just wouldn't cooperate.
But besides that should be simple up and down validation.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com