[bookshare-discuss] Book Submitted: Broken Arrow Boy

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:50:05 -0500

Book submitted.  I am Adam's Age, at least pretty close, and I remember when
this book first came out, when I was ten.  My older brother read it to me,
and you know I thought it was good back then.  This scanning for Bookshare
has given me quite a bit of a chance to reread those books I thought I lost,
at least to not being able to read them in print.

Broken Arrow Boy
By Adam Moore
Winner of the Gold Award in the 1990 Written and Illustrated By... Contest.

At nine years of age, Adam Moore wrote and illustrated BROKEN ARROW BOY, and
his book was chosen as a Gold Award Winner in THE 1989 NATIONAL WRITTEN &
ILLUSTRATED BY... AWARDS CONTEST FOR STUDENTS.
Adam lives in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, with his parents, Rebecca and Paul,
and his two brothers, Ryan, age 13, and Tyler, age 8.
When Adam was eight years old, he fell and ran an arrow into his head. The
accident led him into a world of hospitals, operations, and physical
therapy. These experiences inspired him to create his book which tells of
his remarkable recovery.
At Indian Springs Elementary School, Adam is a straight "A" fifth-grade
student. He has been enrolled in the school's Kaleidoscope gifted program
since first grade. At school Adam is an active member of the Computer Club,
serves as a Safety Patrol Officer, and has also been a Student Council
Representative. He had the honor of having his work selected for publication
in his school district's Young Authors' Student Anthology (a short story in
1988-89; and a poem and drawing in 1989-90). In February of 1990, he also
had the pleasure of completing Cub Scouts when he attained the Arrow of
Light rank.

Adam is also an avid collector of stamps, coins and baseball cards. In his
spare time, he swims, rides his bicycle, and plays Nintendo and pinball.
Adam's frie humor. It was this same wonderful humor that helped him survive
and  struggled to recuperate from his accident.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com