[bookshare-discuss] Re: Book Port

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:47:54 -0500

Mike,

I know the BP enables a user to speed up audio books without changing pitch
which, to me, is a big deal, even though I read mainly text.  I use it
constantly with BookShare files and have had no problems whatsoever.   I
usually use the .brf files instead of the daisy ones and APH is very
responsive to Braille translator issues.  They've cleaned up most of them in
the past year.  Another thing I like about the BP is the greater number of
file types it supports.  Speaking strictly for me, it's more than worth the
extra money, however, I know there are some folks on the Book Port list that
have both devices and could give you a more accurate comparison.  Lou