[bookshare-discuss] Re: Best portable reader?

  • From: "Vapour Wiseblood" <vapour@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:08:07 -0700

        I would say a Victor Reader Stream hands down, but the speaker isn't
great for just listening. You'll need to get some external speakers if you
don't want to use headphones, but other than that one limitation, it's the
best player available imho. I especially like support for all the various
file formats including, Daisy, NLS, rtf, html, brf, wma, .flac, .ogg, .mp3,
and your run of the mill text files. Let's not forget Audibel support and
support for protected content availabel via System Access. Also, FYI, I
currently have a 16 gig card in it now, but I have heard that people have
been abel to use 32 gig cards successfully. Also, the voice recorder is
pretty good. The only other significant drawback is that it does not
currently support drm protected wma files.

HTH,
Vapour