[bookshare-discuss] Best portable reader?

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:07:24 -0500

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and buying a portable reader so I can get the digital NLS books now, as well as listen to the bookshare files someplace away from my laptop.

I hate headphones, so I want the reader to have a passable speaker.

What are the pros and cons of the various ones out there, like the Victor? What formats do they read? How reliable are they, and how long do they last on rechargeable batteries? Any input is appreciated. smile.

Judy s.