[bookshare-discuss] Re: Another book port question

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:12:47 -0400

Shelley,

APH has changed the warrantee to 1 year although the info on the website may
not yet reflect that change.

I've never used a courier, I chose the BP because it handled more filetypes
and APH is constantly working to improve it.  Sometimes there are 2 or even
3 updates in a month and, so far at least, they've all been free.  They've
recently added the ability to  perform searches with direct entry from the
keyboard and, as I mentioned the  ability to speed up audio files without
changing pitch is a real plus.

Of course, Peter Scially  (sorry about spelling) of Bookshare is also
involved with the Courier  can give you more info on that device.

To me, the ability to carry around dozens of books in my shirt pocket is
wonderful and, in my oppinion, the longer list of supported files and
frequent improvements to the BP are welll worth the extra money.  Lou