[bookshare-discuss] Alice Hoffman!!!

  • From: "Dinky" <dinky88@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:14:12 -0400

Allison, do you have  a favorite writer? Of course this question applies to
everyone.  Hope you guys will talk about your favorites too.  Mine is
obviously Alice Hoffman.  I am in the process of scanning her collection and
have only scanned, but not corrected yet Here on earth, Seventh Heaven,
Practical Magic and still scanning Local Girls.  In my far from humble
opinion she is truly the best writer of and for  our time.  I have yet to
meet a pasteboard character in her creations.  Everyone passes the Chekov
train test She can be both stark and simple and sublime and complex all in
one.  That is Alice Hoffman.  Her novels are not family sagas; they are not
romances.  They are people being revealed in sadness and joy.  I read her
and cry and hope I do not die before I have scanned her collection.  This is
more than affection.  This is an obsession. Loved your comments, Allison.
Think you are "fun".  Have you read Alice Hoffman?
Dinky