[bookshare-discuss] Adult content revisited

  • From: "robert tweedy" <rtweedy2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:48:46 -0600

I am currently reading the imigrants and yes it has sexual descriptions and
swearing including the F word. With the discussion in the last few days I was
wondering if the tool misses this kind of book, do children have access to it.
If the tool considers books adult or not and if it misses, what happens to
those that don't want to see this kind of book. Shelly or anyone that wouldn't
mind writting me off list, and answer a question for me that would be fine.
Here's the question and I wrote to bookshare yesterday about it and would like
your thoughts on it and if you can think of bookshare first and then you can
tell me your thoughts. Here's the question and hope you can read between the
lines and keep in mind we want to make sure bookshare becomes a good value of
reading of all taste. The book is called Sir Richards sees his friends and it
was apparently witten by an english author but we won't know who the author is.
It was published in the U.S by Blue Moon Books which is in new york or
califonia but this book contains whipping of the sort which i won't mention
here but hope you get the drift. It has miniors in it which I am concerned even
though they agree to it. I didn't read it but just scan it and taking out the
junk but i made a promise to provide all kinds of material but this one has me
concerned and yes children won't see it because it will be marked adult all the
way but it still concerns me. My email address is rtweedy2@xxxxxxx or you can
answer on the list but i want those that answer to be more conforttable, that
is why I gave out my email address. The girls range from age 14 to 28 and that
is all i will say on the list. I just don't want to go through the trouble if
we decide not to do this and i don't want to get bookshare into any trouble
even this book is copyrighted in the u.s but we shall see what you all think.