[bookshare-discuss] Re: Adding my two cents to the everyone reading thread

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 04:01:51 -0500

Hope,
    Nondramatic works including books inside the United States can be
redistributed by a non profit organization in a specialized format without
permission of the copyright holder. BookShare.Org operates under this
amendment known as Chafey.
    That's half the beauty of the system, under the law we do not need
author's and publishers to grant permission. Less work for them and less
work for us...as well lots more stuff for us. *grin*

Jake