[bookshare-discuss] About New Books

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Discuss <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 01:22:43 -0500

Hi, everybody. Would you be willing to take a minute and offer your thoughts about what types of books you like to read best? I know we have a wish list for specific titles. What I'm curious about is which genres you like best and which genres you want to see more books from this year. Are the volunteers doing a good job of scanning the books you like to read? If so, are there some subgenres that you think we're missing? If you think we're missing the mark in our book selection, is there a genre or category of books that you feel is under-represented in the Bookshare collection? I'm asking these questions because Paperback Swap has over 1.9 million different books available, and we just got a used bookstore in our area. When I'm browsing along with my family in that store, I'd really like to have some ideas for what people want to read. I have a sort of policy where I scan a book for other people and then scan a book I really want to read. This keeps me from getting burned out on doing your book wishes and makes sure that I get some balance in my reading. Your ideas are important and will impact my choices over the next few months. Thanks for any thoughts you have to share.

Monica Willyard