[bookshare-discuss] Re: 5th Anniversary of Bookshare

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <GeraldHovas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:35:04 -0600

Rick,

What it actually means is that Bookshare's averaged over 6000 books per
year, which isn't quite the same.  An unusually large number of books was
added in 2002 which skews the average.  Bookshare came within a few hundred
of 6000 last year, but that was only because over 800 Spanish books were
added in-house as part of the launch of the Spanish site and over 100 new
O'Reilly books were also added in-house.  We've got some catching up to do
if we're even going to hit 5000 this year.  We're not even averaging 90
books per week at the moment in 2007.

Gerald