[booksandbeyond] tonight's taping of Books And Beyond

  • From: "Nancy J. Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Missouri List" <Missouri-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Friends at ACBRadio" <friends@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 09:56:32 -0500

Have you ever wondered about what working for a community access station
would be like? How did radio reading services for the blind begin? What role
did
blind board operators play and what opportunities did those jobs develop
into? To answer those and many other questions, we have Gary Ketler as our
guest
on Books And Beyond. Gary has much to say about radio, its future and
present state and what he would do to make it more accessible for the
visually impaired
as well.
If you care about radio and love to discuss it in all its permutations, you
will enjoy this show.

To participate in the taping of Books & Beyond, go to

www.ourplace.acbradio.org
>  and click on the politics room. If this is your
> first time, your computer will download the appropriate software to allow
> the virtual chat room to function. Just follow the prompts and enter the
> room and join the discussion.
We tape the show at 0  hours UTc or 8pm eastern time each week.