[booksandbeyond] tonight's taping

  • From: "Nancy Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Missouri List" <Missouri-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Friends at ACBRadio" <friends@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 09:29:50 -0500

There is nothing that can unite two people more than similar experience.
Tonight's Books And Beyond taping is a case in point. Our guests, Margaret
Baylor
and Roger Dean Kiser spent much of their early lives  in an orphanage.
Roger's experience, familiar and heart wrenching is known to Books and
Beyond listeners.
 Together with Margaret, he will discuss  the orphan experience  from a
female's point of view. The experience of being an orphan changes life
forever
leaving scars that will never heal. How is the life in an orphanage
different for a girl? What difficulties are there for a female  growing up
there? How
does it impact on her choice to marry, have children?
Children and animals often find themselves without love and without a home.
How do the two find each other? Is it a coincidence or design that our
guests
 tonight both love and have become deeply involved in animal rescue work. To
learn a little about love in ways we never thought we would, come join us
tonight as we get together to discuss orphans and animals who are often
themselves orphans just as much as children in orphanages are.
Now look below for how, when and where to join us.
To participate in the taping of Books & Beyond, go to

www.ourplace.acbradio.org
>  and click on the politics room. If this is your
> first time, your computer will download the appropriate software to allow
> the virtual chat room to function. Just follow the prompts and enter the
> room and join the discussion.
We tape the show each Wednesday evening at 0 hours UTC, or 8pm eastern time.