[booksandbeyond] tonight's special Books And Beyond

  • From: "Nancy J. Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Missouri Chat List" <chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "mcb List" <Missouri-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Friends at ACBRadio" <friends@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:18:53 -0600

It is my pleasure to have as our guest tonight, Christopher Kenneally, and
to say that Chris wears many hats would be putting it mildly.
What is it like to work with authors, to advise authors on  their business
interests? How did he get the opportunity to host Beyond the book? What
types
of questions does he ask most often? What concerns do authors have? What is
it like to co-ordinate  many different jobs at one time? How did Chris find
time to write his own book? What does he know about the Kennedy clan we may
not know.
An enthusiastic resident of Massachusetts, Chris will answer those questions
and much much more.
Here is information about who he is and all he is involved in.
At Copyright Clearance Center, Christopher Kenneally is responsible for
organizing and hosting programs that address the business needs of authors
of all backgrounds, from academics to freelancers. Among other activities,
he is host and moderator for an ongoing series of writing conferences
called, ³Beyond the Book,² which have traveled to Boston, Philadelphia, Los
Angeles and Washington, DC; the programs are frequently broadcast nationally
on C-SPAN¹s Book-TV and in Canada on BookTelevision.
An award-winning journalist and author of ³Massachusetts 101² (originally
published as "The Massachusetts Legacy²), Christopher Kenneally has reported
on education, business, travel, culture and technology for the New York
Times, Boston Globe, Los Angeles Times, The Independent of London, and many
other leading publications. He serves on the Steering Committee of the
National Writers Union (NWU) Boston Local, and is also a member of PEN New
England and the Authors Guild.
In electronic media, Christopher Kenneally has reported for WBUR-FM
(Boston), National Public Radio and WGBH-TV (Boston), and has appeared as a
guest on numerous radio and TV public affairs programs. In addition, he is a
co-founder of the Writers League of Boston and served for many years as an
Advisory Council member of the Boston History Collaborative.
            Before joining CCC in October 2001, Christopher Kenneally was a
corporate communications consultant to foundations and emerging businesses.
He also has served as director, account services, for a leading Boston area
high technology public relations firm.
The time for tonight's taping will be 15 minutes later than usual at the
request of our guest. Now look below for information on how when and where
to attend the show.
To participate in the taping of Books & Beyond, go to

www.ourplace.acbradio.org
>  and click on the politics room. If this is your
> first time, your computer will download the appropriate software to allow
> the virtual chat room to function. Just follow the prompts and enter the
> room and join the discussion.
 We tape the show each Thursday morning at 0 hours UTC, or Wednesday evening
at 7pm eastern time. After the show, write to bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx with your
feedback.