[booksandbeyond] tonight's Books and Beyond

  • From: "Nancy J. Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Missouri Chat List" <chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "mcb List" <Missouri-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Friends at ACBRadio" <friends@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 16:12:25 -0600

It is traditional to think that cooking is the province of women. Men tell
us that  fancy cooking has been done in large part by male  chefs. If this
is
true, ,  I like to think  it is    because of those heavy pots filled with
delicious food that needs attention and stirring from time to time.
Dale Campbell is our guest tonight, of Cooking In The Dark  fame. He is,
although I have never had the chance to eat any food prepared by him,  an
extraordinary
cook.
When it comes to cooking, Dale Campbell waxes enthusiastic  and you can just
feel the food melting  in your  mouth  or imagine the delicious aromas
coming
from any kitchen in which Dale happens to be cooking.
How did he lose his vision? Where did his interest in cooking and Cooking in
the dark get its start? What is his favorite meal? What has he never quite
mastered in his own cooking? What advice does he have for those who want to
learn to both be more comfortable in the kitchen and cook more safely too?
Why are so many blind people afraid to use a stove?
Dale is not only fun to talk too but funny as well. An extraordinary
storyteller, listen tonight to hear about his success, his failures in the
kitchen,
but most of all get to know a familiar person to us all even better. Learn
tonight about his mistakes in the kitchen and much more! Now look below for
how, when and where to hear the show.
To listen to the stream, go to

www.acbradio.org
> , click on the mainstream page and choose your player and connection
> speed.
You should begin hearing the stream shortly.
The show is streamed each Sunday morning at 1 hour UTC or Saturday evening
After the show, write to bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx with your feedback.