[booksandbeyond] this week's taping

  • From: "Nancy Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Friends at ACBRadio" <friends@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Missouri List" <Missouri-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 07:19:46 -0500

On this week's Books And Beyond, we have Wanda E. Brunstetter, a romance
writer. She has written several novels about the Amish way of life, and
we'll discuss this topic as well as her writing career in general. Her web
site is www.wandabrunstetter.com. Below is a short biography of her.
Wanda began writing in 1980, after taking the "Writing for Children and
Teenager's" study course from The Institute of Children's Literature. Since
that
time, she's had several hundred stories, articles, poems, word puzzles,
devotions, monologues, and puppet plays published with a variety of
publishers.
Wanda has also had 5 books of puppet/ventriloquist scripts published.
* These books are available by contacting
Wanda.

block quote end

block quote
Wanda's first Amish inspirational romance novel, "A Merry Heart", was
published with Heartsong Presents (Barbour Publishing) in Dec. 1997. Since
then she's
had many more novels and novellas published. She enjoys writing about the
Amish because they live a peaceful, simple life. Something we all need in
this
day and age.
Winner of the 2006 Retailer's Choice Award
for Women's Fiction

block quote end

Richard, Wanda's husband, is a Nazarene minister who grew up in a Mennonite
church in Pennsylvania. They have been married 43 years. They have two grown
children -- Richard Jr., married to Jean, & Lorine, married to Bil.
They also have 6 grandchildren (Jinell, Madolynne, Rebekah, Ric, Philip, and
Richelle.) Wanda and Richard are members of the Fellowship of Christian
Magicians
(a group representing various types of Christian ministry). Wanda is also a
member of the North American Association of Ventriloquists, American
Christian
Fiction Writer's and Northwest Christian Writer's Association .

block quote

block quote

block quote

Left to Right: With our six grandchildren:
Jinell, Madolynne, Richelle, Rebekah, Ric, Philip

Wanda and Richard relaxing on son's boat.
Wanda's granddaughter, Richelle, dressed in Amish clothes.

Wanda with Amish Puppet

Wanda's favorite pastimes are writing, reading,
ventriloquism and puppetry, gardening, stamping,
and having fun with her 6 grandchildren.
Look below for when, where and how to participate in this discussion.
To participate in the taping of Books & Beyond, go to

www.ourplace.acbradio.org

www.acbradio.org
> , click
> on the mainstream page and choose your player and connection speed. You
> should begin hearing the stream shortly.
> We tape the show each Wednesday evening at 23 hours UTC, or 7pm eastern
> time.
The show is streamed each Sunday morning at 1 hour UTC or Saturday
evening

bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx