[booksandbeyond] this week's Books And Beyond

  • From: "Nancy Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Friends at ACBRadio" <friends@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Missouri List" <Missouri-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 06:54:03 -0500

 This week's guest is Saralee Perel, an award-winning newspaper
columnist who has also recently published her first novel. A link to her web
site appears below along with some biographical information.

Saralee Perel maintained a private psychotherapy practice on Cape Cod for
more than 22 years. She retired in 1996 and began to pursue her writing
career.
Her newspaper column has been published for more than eight years, initially
appearing in the Cape Cod Times, and runs nationally, syndicated through the
Senior Wire Syndicate. In 2005, her columns won the prestigious National
Society of Newspaper Columnists award in the humor category.

In 2004, her novel Raw Nerves was published. It immediately received
terrific reviews, and was chosen by BookSense, the largest organization of
independent
bookstores, as a pick. (View Amazon.com reviews by
clicking here.)

Although she insists the main character of her novel, a neurotic therapist
with a compulsive eating syndrome, is not autobiographically inspired,
readers
who know her think she's lying.

Saralee has completed a sequel to Raw Nerves, which is awaiting publication.
Her web site is www.saraleeperel.com

www.acbradio.org
> , click
> on the mainstream page and choose your player and connection speed. You
> should begin hearing the stream shortly.
> We tape the show each Wednesday evening at 23 hours UTC, or 7pm eastern
> time.
The show is streamed each Sunday morning at 1 hour UTC or Saturday
evening

bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx