[booksandbeyond] this week's B&B taping

  • From: "Nancy J. Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Missouri Chat List" <chat@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "mcb List" <Missouri-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Friends at ACBRadio" <friends@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 12:45:01 -0500

Our guest tonight on Books And Beyond is Terry L. Miller, a California
native and author of Seeing What I See; Memoirs of A Blink. This honest and
funny book reveals Terry's memories of growing up in a large family.   What
was it like growing up with so many siblings? How did the disability of his
brother affect the amount of time and attention his parents were able to
give? Did having brothers and sisters help him form friendships in the
community with sighted children? Were his experiences in childhood play more
adventurous and varied as a result? Terry shares  all this and much more
about himself. How has he fared in adulthood? What jobs and opportunities
has he pursued? Has he, like many members of large families,  kept in close
contact with his brothers and sisters  throughout the years? Terry will talk
about that and much more.  Join us and   learn about the life of a man whose
varied interests and experiences will make him an intriguing guest. Now read
below for how, when and where to join us.
To participate in the taping of Books & Beyond, go to

www.ourplace.acbradio.org
>  and click on the politics room. If this is your
> first time, your computer will download the appropriate software to allow
> the virtual chat room to function. Just follow the prompts and enter the
> room and join the discussion.
 We tape the show each Thursday morning at 0 hours UTC, or Wednesday evening
at 8pm eastern time. After the show, write to bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx with your
feedback.