[booksandbeyond] this weekend's B&B

  • From: "Nancy J. Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Missouri List" <Missouri-l@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Friends at ACBRadio" <friends@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:33:29 -0500

Paul Petersen is a familiar name to anyone who was or is still a fan of the
Donna Read show. For those of you not familiar with his name, Paul played
the
son Jeff on this wonderful family comedy  from the late 50s. We grew up  and
we forgot about the child actors we saw as children ourselves. Paul did not
forget! For many years, he has been committed to a passionate interest in
helping those child actors we all love and remember through A Minor
Consideration,
an advocacy group for former child actors and actresses founded by him. What
happens to them after their moments of fame and stardom are gone? How well
do they adjust to life in the so called "real world"? What does being famous
and living in the limelight do to a child star? Petersen answers these  and
many other questions; Most of all, he shares his love of those who had  a
similar experience to his own. If you want to hear from someone who loves
the
medium of television, listen to Paul tonight and I guarantee  you will come
away with your faith and hope in television restored. He is a celebrity, and
for many of us he will always be a star, but Paul Petersen is a man who
cares.   There is much wrong with television today.  After listening to Paul
Petersen,
you will find yourself shaking your head in agreement and know yourself to
be far richer for having listened to what he has to say. This is a Books And
Beyond you will not soon forget. Paul's web site is www.paulpetersen.com.
Now look below for how, when and where to hear the show.

www.acbradio.org
> , click
> on the mainstream page and choose your player and connection speed. You
> should begin hearing the stream shortly.
> We tape the show each Wednesday evening at 0 hours UTC, or 8pm eastern
> time.
The show is streamed each Sunday morning at 1 hour UTC or Saturday
evening

bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx