[booksandbeyond] our very special guest

  • From: "Nancy Lynn" <freespirit52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Friends at ACBRadio" <friends@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Missouri List" <missouri-l@xxxxxxx>, "Mikes Other Mess" <Mikesmess2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:57:53 -0500

On the next Books & Beyond, we have a very special guest. Richard Lederer is
probably the most famous English teacher around. Actually, he's much more
than an English teacher. See below for a short biographical statement. If
you wish to check out his web site, just point your browser to
www.verbivore.com.
About Richard Lederer
Richard Lederer Bio Statement
bar

Richard Lederer is the author of more than 30 books about language and
humor, including his current book, Word Wizard. Dr. Lederer's syndicated
column,
"Looking at Language," appears in newspapers and magazines throughout the
United States.

He has been elected International Punster of the Year and been profiled in
magazines as diverse as The New Yorker, People, and the National Enquirer.
He
is language columnist for The Toastmaster, Pages, and the Farmers' Almanac
and, with Martha Barnette, hosts a one-hour radio show, "A Way with Words,"
on public radio each weekend.

Richard Lederer has been named Golden Gavel winner by Toastmasters
International and Celebrity in Action by the San Diego Foundation for
Educational Achievement.

Now see below for the participation link.
To participate in the taping of Books & Beyond, go to

www.ourplace.acbradio.org

www.acbradio.org
> , click
> on the mainstream page and choose your player and connection speed. You
> should begin hearing the stream shortly.
> We tape the show every Thursday morning at 0 hours UTC, or Wednesday
> evening
 at 8pm EST.
> The show is streamed every Sunday morning at 1 hour UTC or Saturday
evening
> at 9pm EST.
> After the show, please write to

bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxx