[bookport] Re: word files with tables

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:56:17 -0400

Scott:

I wouldn't expect much from your tables on the Book Port. If you save
the Word file as a text file, you will see approximately how it will
look on the Book Port.

Rob Meredith

>>> n3byy@xxxxxxxxxxxx 07/14/05 06:12PM >>>
This might be a strange question and I can't expect any other answer
than what I have in mind, but I'll ask.
I have some word files that contain just loads and loads of tables.
Even
with Window-Eyes ability to handle tables in word better, well its just

painful trying to slog through those on my laptop.
Now what I want to do is load these files onto my bp. The question is
obviously the BP can handle word files, probably will render the tables

well enough so I could figure out what's in them, but do they get
modified in any way when sent to the BP? Is it possible or at some
point
and yeah a feature request, grin, but possible for the BP to navigate
tables? Let me explain.
Lets say you had a table mode of sorts that would allow you to use the
3
and 8 keys to move up and down a line and the 4 and 6 keys to move left

and right or use the current scheme. THe thought is that you could move

by headings in the table and be able to lets say go to row 3 column 4.
know this is much, but I just wanted to toss it out there. Using the BP

in this retirement course I'm taking for my job would be so much better

than using my laptop. The issue is the darned tables are intense. Oh
Larry if your reading, APH can take some of these charts and such I'm
sure and hack them out into braille. I might see what I can do, bu if
the things don't look pretty, who can I talk to about sending the job
you good people.

tnx
Scott