[bookport] Re: victor reader stream stats

  • From: "David W Bundy" <sharktrainer13@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'lana'" <lana5@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 23:27:55 -0400

NLS announced at the NFL convention athis past week that their audio books will
be available for download to authorized players in about another month.

.> >> Longueuil (Quebec, Canada), June 29, 2007
.> >> HumanWare is proud to introduce its most compact, most powerful DAISY
.> >> player
.> >> to date, the Victor Reader Stream. Blind and low vision people can
.> >> comfortably hold this new player in the palm of their hand (4.6 x 2.6 x
.> >> 0.9)
.> >> and have the flexibility to quickly and accurately access content from
.> >> digital audio books.
.> >> Developed with the National Federation of the Blind (NFB), the Victor
.> >> Reader
.> >> Stream uses the latest technology from HumanWare to be able to read
.> >> digital
.> >> talking books from the National Library Service for the Blind and
.> >> Physically
.> >> Handicapped (NLS). Not only will you be able to play and navigate the
.NLS
.> >> books on cartridges, but you will also have access to NLS download
.books.
.> >> The Stream has a USB port to connect to your computer so you can
.transfer
.> >> download books and music from your PC to the Stream's SD flash memory
.> >> card.
.> >> As the newest member of the family of Victor Reader digital talking
.book
.> >> players, the Stream offers the same powerful and simple to use user
.> >> interface made popular by the Victor Reader Classic+ and Wave players
.> >> used
.> >> by thousands worldwide. The Victor Reader Stream can play various
.> >> electronic
.> >> book formats, including DAISY, Bookshare, text, wav, MP3 and OGG Vorbis
.> >> audio files. As well, the ability to play the popular commercial books
.> >> from
.> >> Audible.com will be added by September. The player also provides
.> >> integrated
.> >> text-to-speech for reading books in text format, such as those from
.> >> Bookshare. It uses a removable SD flash memory card to store books,
.music
.> >> as
.> >> well as electronic text, and can even record voice notes.
.> >> "The VR Stream benefits from our many years of expertise learned
.through
.> >> developing and marketing tens of thousands of our Victor Reader digital
.> >> talking book players all over the world," says Gerry Chevalier, Product
.> >> Manager. "No other DAISY player has offered so much in such a small
.> >> device."
.> >> The Stream offers the most advanced DAISY functions, as well as
.> >> navigation
.> >> capabilities for all kinds of books, from textbooks to fiction.
.Students
.> >> will definitely appreciate Victor Reader Stream for quickly and
.> >> effectively
.> >> consulting their school books, making voice notes or recording their
.> >> teacher
.> >> during class. This tool is indispensable for people who are required to
.> >> use
.> >> reference books as a regular part of their job.
.> >> "This new player was designed to meet the needs of the increasing
.number
.> >> of
.> >> on-the-go blind and low vision students and professionals," said Gerry
.> >> Chevalier. "Its small size and flexible SD card storage allow our
.> >> customers
.> >> to take their entire book and music library with them anywhere,
.anytime."
.> >> The best news of all... priced at only $329, the Stream is your best
.buy
.> >> for
.> >> DAISY players, offering so much performance and functionality at such a
.> >> low
.> >> price. Don't forget all NFB and ACB members receive a 5% discount. But
.> >> that's not all. If you purchase online at HumanWare before July 31,
.2007,
.> >> you have a 10% chance of getting your Stream for free. HumanWare will
.> >> randomly choose one out of ten July purchasers to receive their Stream
.at
.> >> no
.> >> cost.
.> >> Victor Reader Stream is available for purchase online in the USA at
.> >> http://www.humanware.com/
.> >> .
.> >> The new Stream will become available in other
.> >> countries over the next several months.
.> >> About HumanWare
.> >> HumanWare is the global leader in assistive technologies for vision.
.> >> HumanWare provides products to blind and low-vision people and students
.> >> with
.> >> learning disabilities. HumanWare's many innovative products include
.> >> BrailleNote, the leading productivity device for blind people in
.> >> education,
.> >> in business and in their personal lives; the Victor Reader product
.line,
.> >> the
.> >> world's leading digital audiobook players, and SmartView Xtend, the
.first
.> >> fully modular and upgradeable CCTV-based video magnifier.
.> >> ###
.> >> For more information:
.> >> HumanWare Canada
.> >> Nicolas Lagace
.> >> Tel.: (450) 463-1717
.> >> E-mail:
.> >> nicolas.lagace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
.> >>
.> >
.> >
.>
.>
.
.
.
.
.--
.No virus found in this incoming message.
.Checked by AVG Free Edition.
PM
.