[bookport] Re: trying to install update

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 16:01:05 -0500

It sounds like you have too many files in the root directory of your CF card. Before you reformat, you might want to copy your files into a folder on your computer, so after the format you can transfer them back to the BP. You can use a card reader to do this. If you need instructions, just post to the list. I haven't done it in a while, so I would have to brush up on it. Someone else on list will know, though.

At 03:50 PM 7/19/2006, you wrote:
I am attempting to installe the 2.2 update. I connect the bookport, run bookport transport. it informs me that there is an update available. I select yes, and it downloads the update. it then says it has sent the firmware update to the bookport and to disconnect for the update to be installed. when I disconnect the usb cable, the bookport says version 2.1 and then says
fs memory out of drobj structores.
error accessing index file.
I have tried using a different usb port on my computer, and I have also
tried doing a reset ont he bookport and removing the batteries.
no matter what I press, it will not work.

any help appriciated.

an urgent reply is requested, I am supposed to demo the bookport bomorrow.

phil

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218
Jeremiah 29:11 - 14A