[bookport] Re: trouble with a bookshare book

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:24:07 -0500

Hello:

You might try downloading the file again--perhaps you just had a bad
download.  Also, go into Book Wizard and go to the Help Menu, Check For
Updates to be sure you are running the latest version of Book Wizard.
Then, try transferring the OPF file.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> kb9zuv@xxxxxxxx 03/21/07 09:56PM >>>
Last night I downloaded "the silmarillion" by j. r. r. tolkien from
bookshare.
It appeared to unpack correctly, so I attempted to transfer to
bookport.
At that point I got errors similar to
"illegal white space at position bla bla "
pressed ok, but same eror reappeared.

Then tried to open the book in book wizzard, same thing.

Finally tried to re-unpack the book and save an html version.
Then tried transferring this version to bookport.
Got "can't find file c:\tolkien\the silmarillion f1.htm"

Checked, and that is the exact path name for the file I was
transferring.

Any ideas out there?

3/21/2007 7:52 AM