[bookport] travel

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAC Mate User List <PMList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 16:24:38 -0400

Hi,
In less than two weeks I am flying between Newark and London and back on
British Airways. I have gone all around their website and it says electronic
devices including laptops, DVD players, and other music players are allowed to
be carried on board, so I am assuming it is safe/permitted to bring my Book
Port and Pac Mate with me, but I am looking for written information that proves
so. I just don't want the people at security to see them as foreign and not
permit them. To cut down on weight, size, and cost I was going to leave my
braille display home, but would that make it seem even more foreign? If they
insist that they are checked in under the belly of the plane I would rather not
bring them, but it is a fairly long trip, and I would really like to bring them
both.
Where can I find official information to help support no troubles?
Thanks.
Tiff