[bookport] transfer software

  • From: tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 12:53:58 -0400

Hello again,
This comp crashed a couple months ago, so in reguards to the book port I have
primarily only been using it with my laptop, but I would like to get it going
with my desktop again.
Firstly when I go to open the transfer software I get an error which says:

Book Port Transfer graphic 887
Unable to start the EZBraille translator.

and then you click the ok button and nothing even opens up, erelevant to what
you were planning to send to the bp.
Secondly, It may be related to the transfer software problem, but when I hook
up the book port it does not open the program automaticly to display the error.
when I hook it up I guess it's acting like an external hard drive or media
player because it's displaying an empty folder view, and the title simply says
removeable disk K. The fact that it's empty is fine because I just formatted
the card, but I was surprised that the program did not open automaticly. That
is when I went to open the program manually and got the error. How do I fix the
error, or is it easier to simply uninstall and reinstall? I have just moved, so
at the moment do not have the CD the transfer software came on. Can I download
the whole program from the web?  or just the updates? While I'm at it, I also
get an error when trying to open the spider software, but that error won't come
into the virtual viewer in order for me to copy paste it into a message.
Basicly it says the page is displaying some kind of
script error, line 18 char 1, then says error activex can't create object,
something launcher, code 0, and then gives some web address beginning with the
aph stem, and then asks if I want to continue running scripts on this page and
gives me a yes or no button with no cancel button. If exact wording is
necessary I can go back and look at it more closely, but I'm guessing someone
will have an idea what is happening here.
Tiff