[bookport] Re: transfer question

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:23:31 -0500

It would be helpful if we took this one step at a time, so we know where
you're failing. First, run the software by itself and look at the About
Box Alt plus a to make sure it reports the correct version. If it does,
then we can deal with the Firmware. If it doesn't, then work on the
software first, without the Book Port connected. Make sure it installs,
when the download is complete. If the software is okay, then connect the
Book Port and go to Options, Advanced and Update Firmware and see what
that does for you. Remember, that when Firmware Updates fail, it is
usually because a flash card needs to be reformatted, or your batteries
are too weak, or you have bent contacts, so you might want to take a
look at your card, if this is still an issue. It's hard to diagnose a
problem, till we can get a clearer picture.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> blsmass@xxxxxxxx 02/15/06 09:02AM >>>
As I said yesterday, I got the notification that there was a new
update
to the transfer, did I want to download it.  I did.  It downloaded and
then said please disconnect the bookport, after which nothing happened.

Last week and always before the tool would be opened and run,
installed
etc.  Well, since the machine had already downloaded it it won't say
it
again.  I figure if I go back to the beta section and run through that
can run it by hand and install it.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks.
Kurt