[bookport] Re: the holidays and bookport

  • From: "David Bennett" <david382@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 02:50:39 -0600

Yes, the BNS uses a NiCad rechargeable battery pack. I replaced these with NIMH rechargeables and got ever so many more years of use out of those. Walt Smith is right, though. Only substitute batteries or any other components if you're absolutely familiar with them or are willing to risk expensive mistakes. If any of you do replace old BNS battery packs with NIMH rechargeables, the unit's AC adaptor will charge them just fine, but not in the proscribed four hours. It will take about eight.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tyler Wood" <tcwood12@xxxxxxx>