[bookport] Re: the holidays and bookport

  • From: "Angie Matney" <armatney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 16:52:25 -0500

Hi Rich,

I agree with what you're saying. I don't expect OCR to be on the Book Port any
time soon; but I do believe that, say, ten
years down the road, we'll have a truly afordable device that does this. Look
at how much more the BP can do (in some
respects) than the original Braille 'n Speak.

Essentially, I think you and I were making mostly the same points in our
messages. I was trying to say that APH needs to
implement features in a prudent, cost-effective way, so therefore we won't be
seeing anything like that soon, though it
will be pretty standard in a few years.

Angie