[bookport] Re: the holidays and bookport

  • From: Bruce Toews <DogRiver@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 22:45:57 -0600 (CST)

I'm guessing the hardware is probably based on something from the nineties. The realityis, too, that the BP doesn't read a whole lot of formats, most of the flexibility that is BP comes from its transfer software.

Bruce

--
Bruce Toews

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005, Gene and Princess wrote:

Does anyone know what the hardware and firmware of the Bookport is
based on?  For example, with the ipod, I know it is based on hardware
and firmware by a company called Portalplayer.  In fact, most digital
audio players are based on Portalplayer's hardware and firmware.  How
does the BP read or access all the different audio and doc formats?  I
am asking these questions because the shuffle feature is a standard
feature with most digital audio players.

Gene and Princess