[bookport] Re: the great reveal, not

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 06:15:43 -0400 (EDT)

From my estimation, what will make and/or break the BP2 is its ability or
inability to handle the new NLS talking books.
If it can do it successfully, then APH has a winner.
If it cannot, then APH won't have a sales winner.
Much of the main menu part on the BP was vaporware -- discussion of what
could be and what it yet isn't.
Many of the cosmetic changes -- switching of battery types, et al -- will
not sell units one way or another and is a reflection of answering
complaints.
And hopefully APH analyzed whether those complaints truly reflected user
needs or just that folks that were happy, of course, said nothing.
Once again, the success of BP2 will rest in its handling NLS Talking
Books.
If it can, then hundreds, and perhaps thousands of folks like me, will buy
it regardless of other features or conveniences.
If not, then we'll hang onto the classic model and buy the new one when
the old one breaks.