[bookport] Re: the d e f command

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:00:24 -0500

There's a big difference in battery life between standard alkalines and
rechargeables. However, your point about size is absolutely correct. The
problem can come with the fact that many rechargeables need to be replaced
much more frequently than standard batteries. I've compromised on lithium
ion batteries, myself, and find them to be excellent both in terms of life
between replacements and overall performance. Be advised, though, that
lithium ion batteries are absolutely the most innacurately reported by the
A+C battery condition command--they'll continue to report 100% long after
they've begun to expire and when they finally begin to die, they die very
rapidly.