[bookport] Re: the d e f command

  • From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:37:50 -0500

Dan,

Actually, the voltage is slightly lower with rechargeables than with alkaline
batteries, if memory serves, 1.5 for alkalines and 1.3 for nicads.  This could
well be different for NIMH     batteries; I don't know.  I did use nicads
briefly when I first got the BP and found the behavior of the unit was just a
bit less stable when using them.  I had a few more lockups etc.  I should also
mention that this was a few firmware updates ago.  But I figured it would be
better  on several fronts just to use alkalines since they last so long in the
bp and my reading is mostly with the double talk.

Some folks have had trouble with the battery clips in the unit and I'd just as
soon not disturb them if I don't have to.  Lou