[bookport] thanks from an impatient user

  • From: "Fil" <fil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 19:31:24 -0000

Thanks to you all for your help!!

And yes, I did read the manual! :-) But must admit to getting frustrated with
it.

Reading a manual is a rarity for me! :-) I tend to rely upon my 25 year of
using a computer and having studied computer science at university and build
upon previously gained knowledge.  Perhaps this was in part why I was getting
so frustrated - I couldn't build so easily on previous knowledge and found
having to wade through a manual an unusual practice! :-)

Actually I found out late last night, or actually early this morning, how to
lock the keypad ...

To give you some idea as to what I normally do ... I've just advised my Dad as
to what system to buy and I'll be setting it up from scratch, including the OS.
 I also set-up a wireless network at home - all without reading a manual! :-D
:-P And wireless networks didn't exist when I was at Uni'!

You'll be pleased to learn that your various advice as to "sending" to the Book
Port worked - thanks again you lot.

However, my BP and the BP transfer software doesn't like my 4gb card but is
happy with the 2gb.  So if anyone out there has successfully used a 4gb please
advise me as to how - thanks.

I know Book Port isn't an mp3 player.  I bought it because I've just begun back
at uni' as a mature student.  I plan to use it to "read" text files, listen to
mp3 audio books, and yep, occasionally, when I can't stand anymore psychology,
listen to music.  Bought a brilliant pair of noise reducing headphones which
cost a third of the Book Port but they're worth it!  The bulky battery pack
which goes with the lead is a bit of a pain but I can live with it.

Oh,  on another matter completely : have any of you out there experience of
using a stats package called SPSS with JAWS?  If so, please email me directly.
Cheers

So again folks, thanks from a UK chappy who expected to get it out of the box
and use it! :-)

Fil

As light fades, vision increases
Blind people have vision

I cannot see you,
Cannot see you seeing me,
Equality reigns.

"Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean its not there!"