[bookport] synthesizers

  • From: "Jerry Neufeld" <jerry.neufeld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:21:14 -0400

Good afternoon folks.

While I like both Eloquence and Detalk speech, I would point out that,
unless there has been some considerable upgrading of Dectalk during these
last three years, Eloquence is far better in correctly pronouncing
low-frequency words. Unless we have the means of updating dictionaries as we
do with Jaws, for example, this highly unlikely, I think we should look hard
at percentage of errors in both synthesizers as our first criterion, both
excellent, almost human-sounding speech.

Jerry