[bookport] Re: speech poorer on transfer software

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 08:43:48 -0400

Brunwyn:

This isn't a JAWS issue at all, but rather one of Sapi 5, which is what we use
for all of our programs, so it really doesn't matter what JAWS you have, but if
the Sapi 5 has been installed.  If you do have an English Version of Windows XP
installed and that is your default, then  then the engine should be there.   We
have found that if someone is not running the English version of Windows XP as
their default, then the speech engine is not already installed.  You might want
to go to the Microsoft page and download and install the Sapi 5 Speech Engine.
Then, try reinstalling the Book Port Transfer again.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> btindall@xxxxxxxxxx 07/05/07 05:15PM >>>
pamela
i brought my copy ojaws through pafic vision who are the nz agents.at the
moment ian running jaws 7 . thank you for the information.
bronwyn