[bookport] Re: show title

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:19:20 -0400

Scott and others:

Unfortunately, the Send File Name As Title option does not apply to
Digital Talking Books. There are reasons for this. I believe the thing
people are unhappy with is the fact that file names are displayed in the
Book Port folder list instead of titles. There are reasons for this
also, mainly screen real estate issues. Since we have so much on the
screen, there isn't too much room for the BP file list.

The way to get around this problem is to press Alt+Enter when you are
pointing to one of those files which doesn't have a useful name. The
dialog which pops up will show the title of the file, which is often
different than the file name.

Rob Meredith

>>> hudd61@xxxxxxxxxxx 09/13/05 01:16AM >>>
Lou,

    I must also agree that the bookport is the best piece of
electronics
I've purchased in a very long time.  adaptive equipment or not.  I love
the
thing.

    When i load Bookshare.org books onto the bookport though, if they
are
daisy files, the transfer software always shows them as "Bookshare-
22000,2-1" or some other such identification.  I noticed this quite
some
time ago, and checking the checkbox to show titles in the option menu
does
nothing to change this.  i have checked and unchecked the box to see if
this
has changed anything, but it does not.  It has no effect on my XP or my

windows 2000 computer.  The transfer software does show Braille files
from
Bookshare with the correct files though.  If this is a bookport
problem, i
never stopped to think about it,  if it can be fixed easily within the

transfer software, i would appreciate it greatly.  This is not a
criticism
of any one or anything,  I've just noticed the same problem before.  I
don't
want Jim to start thinking  he is doing something wrong.  however, if I
am,
PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!

    Scott