[bookport] Re: show title

  • From: The Pardees <fpardee@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:03:21 -0400

If that's the way it is with Daisy files, that's the way it is, and I can live with it. But it would be nice if it was different.

Jim

At 01:16 AM 9/13/05, you wrote:

Lou,

I must also agree that the bookport is the best piece of electronics I've purchased in a very long time. adaptive equipment or not. I love the thing.

When i load Bookshare.org books onto the bookport though, if they are daisy files, the transfer software always shows them as "Bookshare- 22000,2-1" or some other such identification. I noticed this quite some time ago, and checking the checkbox to show titles in the option menu does nothing to change this. i have checked and unchecked the box to see if this has changed anything, but it does not. It has no effect on my XP or my windows 2000 computer. The transfer software does show Braille files from Bookshare with the correct files though. If this is a bookport problem, i never stopped to think about it, if it can be fixed easily within the transfer software, i would appreciate it greatly. This is not a criticism of any one or anything, I've just noticed the same problem before. I don't want Jim to start thinking he is doing something wrong. however, if I am, PLEASE TELL ME!!!!!!

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lou Kolb" <loukolb@xxxxxxxxxxx>