[bookport] Re: recording voice not working

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 08:16:35 -0400

I assume this is not the first recording you've made with the unit.  You
might try pulling the card out and doing a Reset with 2 plus b and then
reinserting the flash card.  You could also try another recording and
gently tap on the end of the unit where the mike is located to see if it
picks that up.  If it doesn't, then it's possible the mike is not
working, though I've not known these to fail.

Sincerely,

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> franklin1234@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 06/23/06 12:56AM >>>
I am having a problem with the recorder, as the subject line
indicates.  When I press e I get the appropriate tones.  I attempt to
record a voice message.  I press b to end the recording.  Then when I
press 2 to listen I get a hissw but no voice.  I do get the name of
the recording (the time stamp) so I know it has recorded
something.  Has anyone encountered this problem, and if so, what did
you do to resolve it.

Thanks

Sandler, my Guide Dog,  gives me independence
Cocoa and Yumm Yumm, the feline cleaning crew, give us love