[bookport] Re: rechargeable batteries, another option

  • From: "Scott Howell" <n3byy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:12:48 -0500

Folks,

Ok my original post was to inform you of another lesser priced option to
the RS charger. So we don't get to carried away with this thread, we all
know these will work with some degree of measurement performance issues.
That all aside, I will tell you and I've already tried this, I put the
Radio Shack batteries in the Energizer charger and it charged them fine.
You do what you want, but I only wanted to share another alternative and
to be honest I a m not sure how the Radio Shack charger differs from
others of its type. My batteries did not blowup, did not take overnight
to charge, and were not the same batteries that came with the unit.
Now whether Radio Shack's batteries and charger are proprietary, I can
only assume so based on what I was told, but it would seem that the
Energizer charger is not proprietary only as it worked for the batteries
I put in it. Maybe I'll do some voltage measurements to see if they are
getting a full charge and keeping it or what. I can only tell you what
was told to me by the Energizer folks via the phone with the disclaimer
they would preferr you only use their batteries in the unit.
It worked for me, but your millage may vary. Good luck